Wiki PLEASE HELP!!! How much would you charge a doctor???!!!

Bjacobs0691

Best answers
Hi everyone,

A doctor just reached out to me and asked if i could verify the insurance and cross reference with some codes, 3/4 pts a day. She asked how much I'd charge per transaction and I'm not 100% sure, I don't want to charge too high and lose her but I don't want to charge to low and short change myself.

Please help! Clarity would be great right now.

Well, I know that an outsourcing company charges approx. 6.20 for coding up to 3 cpt's per case for E&M, and approx. $19.00 for a surgery case, once again up to I *believe* 3 cpt codes. They charge an additional flat rate per more than that on a case, and sometimes more per specialty. I would say you could call some of these third party places and ask for a quote for sending in 200 cases per month for surgeries. See what the comparable quotes are and then create a competitive bid. You will be able to cite the competition and substantiate your worth :).

Thank You!

Well, I know that an outsourcing company charges approx. 6.20 for coding up to 3 cpt's per case for E&M, and approx. $19.00 for a surgery case, once again up to I *believe* 3 cpt codes. They charge an additional flat rate per more than that on a case, and sometimes more per specialty. I would say you could call some of these third party places and ask for a quote for sending in 200 cases per month for surgeries. See what the comparable quotes are and then create a competitive bid. You will be able to cite the competition and substantiate your worth :).

Thank you for your feedback!!

I was looking around to see if I could find some pricing. Also I asked the doctor, probably not the best move, but if they can give me a number they were charged before I can work around it. The only fear with that is that they tell me a price lower than what they usually pay. A learning experience none the less.