Wiki post op care only

stacy

Networker
Best answers
could someone refresh my memory on how we follow the format for post op care only. My provider is caring for a patient after she had a fx hip surgery done at other facility and is now in our office for fu care.

Post-Op Visit

code 99024 in the CPT ---- which is for the postoperative follow-up visit.

could someone refresh my memory on how we follow the format for post op care only. My provider is caring for a patient after she had a fx hip surgery done at other facility and is now in our office for fu care.

You'll bill the same CPT that was used for the surgery, with modifier 55 for post-op management only. There should be a transfer of care in the patients chart, from the surgeon to your physician. And the surgeon needs to have billed with the pre-op/surgical care modifiers. Otherwise, you'll probably get denials.

HTH!

the date of service does not change to the surgery date correct, the date charged with the fx code is the date the patient is seen.

the date billed is the date of surgery because that is the post op you are providing. Same code and same date as the performing surgeon but with the modifier.