Wiki post partum uterine hemorrhage repair

jgossett

Networker
Best answers
The patient developed uterine bleeding the day after a c-section and was taken back to the operating room for surgical repair. My boss and I settled on 58520. I still am not comfortable with that as it states "non-obstetrical". Is there any body with another suggestion?

59350 (pregnancy related)

The patient developed uterine bleeding the day after a c-section and was taken back to the operating room for surgical repair. My boss and I settled on 58520. I still am not comfortable with that as it states "non-obstetrical". Is there any body with another suggestion?

Management of surgical complications & problems "of pregnancy" (repair- ruptured uterus) is reported with 59350 per CPT assistant
58520 choice is NOT applicable to the stated obstetric scenario.

Last edited:
What was the diagnosis code documented by your physician. Could you post the OP notes of the return to OT procedure?
Because not all post CS uterine bleeding has to go for hysterrography necessarily on the following day. well was there a document saying there was a wound gap/repair of the uterine wound done.
But with the info you provided, what msrd says is appropriate.

True Blue

The notes are long gone out of my reach now or I would post them for you. Thanks so much for the response though.