Wiki PQRS help urgently needed

kjdallas

Networker
Best answers
My doctors are just now starting to report PQRS and I don't really know what ICD-9 codes to report. My supervisor asked me to look up the codes, and so I just attached the codes that made sense to me, for instance V76.12 for the mammogram measure, V06.6 for the flu and pneumonia shots. Is this correct? Is there anywhere that will tell me the correct codes?
Thanks!

The diagnosis needs to be whatever is documented for that patient for the reason for the measure, sometimes it will be a screening V code other times not. and Terribrown is correct you capture the measure with the category II CPT codes, the ones that end in F.

Yes, I am using the category II codes, I was just wondering about the DX codes. Someone mentioned that there might be an "umbrella" code that could be used, which would be easier since I can only append 4 DX codes per encounter form.
Thanks!

Actually if you are electronic yoru can have up to 12 dx codes . There is never an umbrella code since the dc code is the patients diagnosis you are coding not a statistic