Wiki Preparing for CANPC

dadeeva

New
Best answers
Can someone please advise me on steps to prepare myself for certification CANPC , besides purchasing the study guide

Any advice would be appreciated

Yoko

I took the CANPC. I think the best preparation was my job experience. I'd been billing and coding Anesthesia and Pain Medicine for 10 yrs when I took the exam. I did purchase a study guide. I was a bit nervous about taking the exam but I didn't find it overwhelming.

Can someone please advise me on steps to prepare myself for certification CANPC , besides purchasing the study guide

Any advice would be appreciated

Yoko
i agree that your job experience will be your best asset. I would take the on line exam and use that as a guide as to what you need to study the most. Good luck and let us know when you pass. :D

I agree that experience in anesthesia coding is undoubtedly very helpful (they recommend 3 years before taking any specialty certification exams). My company wanted me to take the certification before we started anesthesia billing so I had no experience at all. I did pass first time though but would say, after 18 months of anesthesia coding, I would find the test a lot easier now. There were no study guides at the time (I love study guides) so I just used the practice exams and trusted everything else to fate/luck or whatever else you want to call it.
Good luck.