Wiki Prolonged services

Best answers
Hello all,

I need more guidance or help into the process of billing for prolonged services along with an E/M office visit. My specialty is a pediatric neurology and my provider spends additional time on reports and such for the patient care on autism patients. Please if there is anybody who can help, I welcome all your comments and assistance. Thank you!

prolonged services

There is a really great article in the Aug 2015 issue of Healthcare Business Monthly. If you don't have your copy of the magazine handy, you can go to the resources tab and find it in the archives. The article starts on page 14.

Hope that helps (-:

Jolene Carter, CPC, CPMA

prolonged services without face-to-face service

hi,

I have a question regarding the prolonged care non face-to-face service 99358. We have a situation that the provider was supposed to do a video telemedicine consult but due to technical problem the video didn't work so she did a phone consult with the pt.

Can she bill 99358 if she's going to see the pt after the consult or this code is just for when a provider does lots of research before or after a visit, review of records, talk to another provider, parent??

We don't bill for those but I was just wondering if they could potentially bill for it when that happens.

thanks