Wiki PRP Injection w/tenotomy - code separately?

Best answers
Good Morning,

Does anyone know if a PRP injection can be coded separately from a tenotomy? If so, do you have any sources on this? I found a CPT Assistant article from May of 2012 which states that PRP can be coded separately with a tibial fracture nonunion repair, however I also found article from AAOS Now (August 2010) that states that the code is "to be used only when PRP is performed in a complete separate patient encounter from a surgical procedure". Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

Good Morning,

Does anyone know if a PRP injection can be coded separately from a tenotomy? If so, do you have any sources on this? I found a CPT Assistant article from May of 2012 which states that PRP can be coded separately with a tibial fracture nonunion repair, however I also found article from AAOS Now (August 2010) that states that the code is "to be used only when PRP is performed in a complete separate patient encounter from a surgical procedure". Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thank you!!

We always went by the AAOS information and never billed PRP if it was done during surgery for the professional fee. We just considered it inclusive.