Wiki Psych Collaboration-Date of service

JJOHN0312

Networker
Best answers
We are providing/billing for the psych collaboration services. These are monthly CPT codes. How is everyone reporting the date of service on the claims? I have this from Medicare but it really doesn't answer my question. Anyone have any issues with denials for dates of service? Any additional references are greatly appreciated.

10. What date of service (DOS) should be used on the professional claim and when should the claim be submitted?

The BHI service period is one calendar month. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) expects the billing practitioner to continue furnishing services during a given month, if medically necessary, even after the time threshold to bill BHI is met. However, after completion of the minimum clinical staff service time required to bill, the practitioner may submit the claim and need not hold the claim until the end of the month.

We are providing/billing for the psych collaboration services. These are monthly CPT codes. How is everyone reporting the date of service on the claims? I have this from Medicare but it really doesn't answer my question. Anyone have any issues with denials for dates of service? Any additional references are greatly appreciated.

10. What date of service (DOS) should be used on the professional claim and when should the claim be submitted?

The BHI service period is one calendar month. Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) expects the billing practitioner to continue furnishing services during a given month, if medically necessary, even after the time threshold to bill BHI is met. However, after completion of the minimum clinical staff service time required to bill, the practitioner may submit the claim and need not hold the claim until the end of the month.

If you're still billing for this were you successful in getting Medicare payment? I have a provider that is looking into billing these. Is there a screening code used for the diagnosis? Thank you in advance!