Wiki Psychotherapy

I think we need more information. Are you looking for a procedure code? A diagnosis code? Something else? What work was performed, and by what type of provider, and in what setting (outpatient office, outpatient hospital, etc.)?

Sorry about that. I'm looking for a procedure code for a child who is in psychiatric outpatient transitioning to adult outpatient at a behavioral health clinic. The rendering physician is an APRN. she tried coding it as a psych eval 90792, but the system came up with an error saying it should be coded as an office visit. The patient was last evaluated in 2018, but now transitioning to adult care. The dx codes are F90.0 and F43.10. Attention deficit disorder and post traumatic stress disorder.

I hope this helps!

I don't think the "transitioning" part alone warrants a psych eval, unless it was done by a different provider than the patient has seen in the past. Is the APRN registered as a mental health professional with the insurance company? Also, a lot of insurance companies have carve-outs for mental health for adults, and some of those same ones do not have them for children. The fact that they said it should have been billed as an office visit makes me wonder if that is the case here.