Wiki Purchasing Coding Books

tlc45801

Best answers
Hello everyone!

Just wanted to get some feedback on where you are purchasing your coding books for your offices. Trying to find our books at a reasonable price. I've checked AAPC's pricing, looked at AAFP and OSMA (they don't offer book purchasing). Our current supplier is Optum360 and they have become very pushy and have problems with being reimbursed for returns. Any others you are using?

Hello everyone!

Just wanted to get some feedback on where you are purchasing your coding books for your offices. Trying to find our books at a reasonable price. I've checked AAPC's pricing, looked at AAFP and OSMA (they don't offer book purchasing). Our current supplier is Optum360 and they have become very pushy and have problems with being reimbursed for returns. Any others you are using?

We order all of our coding books, as well as some other reference books, from the AMA. Have never had any problems with them, and depending on the size of your order/types of books ordered, they do have some bulk discounts/packages available. BUT, I've never had to return any part of an order, so I'm not sure how their service is for that.

I order my ICD-10CM from Channel Publishing, it is an excellent book at a very inexpensive price.
I order my CPT from the AMA but I pre order it in May and get it really inexpensive.

We order all of our coding books, as well as some other reference books, from the AMA. Have never had any problems with them, and depending on the size of your order/types of books ordered, they do have some bulk discounts/packages available. BUT, I've never had to return any part of an order, so I'm not sure how their service is for that.

I just got a call from the AMA yesterday trying to push pre-sale of the 2017 books. Apparently, as an AMA member, we're entitled to "significant" savings but guess what? AAPC pricing is lower than AMA's direct purchase price as an AMA member.

The bundled price for a CPT, ICD and HCPCS was $239 through AMA and AAPC is currently charging $199.