• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ & read the forum rules. To view all forums, post or create a new thread, you must be an AAPC Member. If you are a member and have already registered for member area and forum access, you can log in by clicking here. If you've forgotten the password it can be reset on our sign in section by entering your registered Email Address or Username here. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below..

removal of IUD/insertion of Nexplanon same day...

cmedina969800

Networker
Messages
30
Location
Albany, OR
I feel silly asking this question, but this is not a typical scenerio for our office. Can someone please help me on the modifier(s) to use for the removal of IUD and insertion of Nexplanon on the same day?

I know insert of Nexplanon is 11981, J7307, and 58301 is the removal of IUD. We keep getting denied insertion of Nexplanon. We have tried multiple ways of use of modifier 59/51, but BCBS still doesn't seem to like anything we do.

I did call them and asked them what is wrong and the answer I get is modifiers. They are ok w/ the diagnosis codes.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Christina
 
Top