Wiki Reporting during COVID-19

574coding

Guru
Best answers
Hi,
I do not know much at all about MIPS. With that being said, I have been requested to help our clinic review and add measures. It looks like a lot if the measures we are using for our clinic now, are not supported if it was a telehealth visit. What is every one else doing about this or does anyone know where to get the correct information? We thought we read that the rules have been relaxed, but our admin spoke to someone (may have been a company selling their MIPS services) that said, no relaxing of the reporting.

Your best bet to get a credible answer without spending two days searching yourself is to contact CMS. Go to https://qpp.cms.gov/resources/help-and-support and scroll down to the bottom for a phone number and email address.

I did, however, find a CMS QPP - COVID-19 Response Fact Sheet, updated 12/18/20, that says "Communication technology-based service and telephone evaluation and management codes will be included in the MIPS assignment methodology" for registered groups and virtual groups submitting via the CMS Web Interface and CAHPS for MIPS Survey.

Last edited: