Wiki Roll Call: Who's attending HEALTHCON in Nashville?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pam Warren

True Blue
Best answers
I am looking forward to meeting up with my healthcare colleagues across the country and also hoping to meet lots of new friends as well. If you've never been to the Gaylord Opryland---be prepared to be dazzled. It's an over-the-top resort with lots to do (we won't ALWAYS be working!) and do not miss an opportunity to go into town to see the amazing live music scene. Also, because AAPC is expanding to include all aspects of the healthcare business industry, many of the breakout sessions are geared towards practice management, billing, compliance and auditing---along with coding! The agenda looks exciting, I wish I could attend all of the breakout sessions.

If you are attending this conference by yourself, please let me or one of the conference organizers know.....we'd be happy to help arrange a meet-and-greet so that you can go to dinner/activities with others. Typically, we'll suggest a meeting time in the lobby of the hotel and anyone who is alone can join in with the entire group or buddy up with someone just for company. We want to make sure that you have a wonderful time at Nashville.

I plan on attending! This will be my first time to Nashville and cannot wait to see everything. I will not be attending alone but hope to meet-and-greet as many fellow AAPC members as possible while I am there!

Now - how do we fast forward to April? ;)

Nashville Conference

Hi,

I will be attending conference. I have already signed up for my session. I have been to Gaylord Opryland many years ago, but am excited to see what changes have been made.

We have several chapter members that are attending conference this year, but we are always wanting to network. I think the meet and greet is a great idea.

See you in Nashville.

Being a musician, I've always wanted to visit Nashville. Unfortunately, I won't be able to go to HEALTHCON because the last 2 days fall during Passover. Hopefully, I will get to go to a conference in the future when there is no religious conflict.

For the new attendees, you will not be sorry that you are attending...

For the seasoned attendees (like myself), looking forward to seeing old faces and especially meeting new faces....

For everyone, bring plenty of business cards and a great smile :D:):)

Take care,

Nashville

I will be attending, I can't wait to see all my fellow coders that I met when I went to my first conference.

LaTanya Cross, CPC, CCS-P
New York, NY

I will be coming from Anchorage, Alaska for this conference. I can't wait! Last year was such a blast.

Suggestions to people that have never attended before:
1. Bring business cards even if you make them yourself. So much easier than writing down contact information every time for the new friends you meet.
2. Talk with people. We are all there for the same reason.....WE LOVE TO CODE and want to learn more.
3. Have fun!

I can't wait either...

Looking at the schedule, Tuesday or Wednesday maybe a good time for a get together!

I wonder when the Grand Ole Opry will get their schedule set for April???

See you all at Healthcon!

Best Regards,
~Melissa

I would love to go to this, but it's almost 1000 bucks!!! I'm guessing someone is paying for you all to go? Or maybe you just have the money for it?

Sounds fun for those who can afford to go, I hope you all have a great time!!!

I would love to go to this, but it's almost 1000 bucks!!! I'm guessing someone is paying for you all to go? Or maybe you just have the money for it?

Sounds fun for those who can afford to go, I hope you all have a great time!!!

Hi, and thanks for your comment. Some coders are fortunate in that their employers pay for them to attend, because they understand the value of continuing education for coders (plus it's a write-off for them!). Other coders are able to attend on their own dime, but if you think about the work of a coder over the course of a year, (365 days) that comes out to less than $5.00 per day (for the conference and hotel). And of course it's tax deductible for individuals as well.

Most professional conferences are priced similarly--MGMA, AHIMA and NAMAS, for example. However your local chapter offers low- or no-cost options for training. Either way, continuing education (and CEUs) are critical for coders, not to mention the networking opportunities. Hope you will be able to attend a conference at some point.

Can't wait for Nashville this year. I was excited for it back in 2010 when it was suppose to be the place. Looking forward to the Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of Fame. Is it April yet?

Well, Herbie, make sure you find time to introduce yourself and take some time to network! That's the best part of conference!

I highly recommend a visit to downtown's live music scene, and try the fried okra at Jack Daniel's (at the hotel). Yum, yum. This Yankee girl never even knew what to do with okra! :)

Yes Pam it sure is the best part of the conference. I sure do plan to visit the live music scene. Looks like some fun times in Nashville. I have never tried okra but I definitely will give it a try this year!

As a member of the Mt Juliet TN local chapter, I would like to extend a warm welcome to everyone coming to the conference! Mt Juliet is a Nashville suburb and many residents work in Nashville. The Gaylord is a beautiful hotel. You can take a boat ride on the indoor river, watch choreographed water fountains, or if shopping is your thing, Opry Mills is within walking distance of the hotel. Of course, the Grand Ole Opry is a must see or you can board the General Jackson riverboat and cruise the Cumberland river....all this and you haven't even left the resort area. Lower Broadway in Nashville is a mecca for live music. Country, rock, blues - you can find it all. Nashville isn't called Music City for nothing. Tons of stuff to do, friendly people, great music....it doesn't get any better than this :)

Recommendations appreciated...my husband and, in April, our son will be 20 months old, will be joining me, I know I can google the internet for things for them to do while we are in conference sessions, but any direct suggestions from those local to the Nashville area?

Best Regards,
~Melissa

I can't wait. I'm super excited about the conference!

Melissa- my husband will be coming with me also. We've never been to Nashville. He will need to find something to do during the day to keep him occupied :)

Any suggestions would be great!

See you guys there!!

Holly Brown

Things to do

If staying at the Opryland Hotel there will be plenty for your husband to explore and do. The Mall in next door ( walking distance) with a Dave and Busters, LARGE Bass Pro shop, Movie theater and much more for the men. The General Jackson Show boat also departs just behind the mall. I hope everyone has a great time!

Jessica, just a suggestion for the future- think about volunteering as an officer for your Local Chapter. We are always looking for dedicated and enthusiastic people to help a chapter thrive. The bonus is that the following year, you get to attend conference for half price, which is about $350 for the early bird price. Something to think about!

Can't make it thsi year. However, does anyone know if they will be having any Regional conferences this year? And if so, the locations?

I haven't heard of an announcement for the regional conferences that will be held later in the year. Although I would assume, and you know what happens when you do, that AAPC will have several like they hosted in January and the upcoming one in February, where it will be primarily focused on ICD-10.

Keep your eyes and ears open, as I'm sure they'll post something after the national conference.

Best Regards,
~Melissa

I am so looking forward to HealthCon and the new set up with a new leader. For those of you who have been around awhile, the changes will be awesome. For those of you who are new to coding, you have a treat in store that will soon become addicting. The knowledge and friendships you make at national last a lifetime!

Going to Nationals in Nashville!

This will be my first time ever going to Nationals...I'm excited about going.:)
I've been to Music Row/Ryland but never to Opry Land or Gaylord....

This is the 2nd for my wife, the first for me. I attended the CPPM boot camp in Orlando last year during the convention, so we attended together but went separate ways.

My wife focuses more on the teaching/auditing/consulting side. I'm still the relative new one but will focus on the management side of the industry.

It's a wonderful feeling to team with my wife to attend conferences. We can learn from each other, steal each others notes, and get to spend some "away" time in the evenings.

As for cost, it's a line item on our budget. We are only 3 hours away, so it's a short drive. The hotel cost is a bit out of budget, so we are staying at a nearby Hilton property for about 1/2 the price with free transportation. The tax write off at the end of the year is nice too.

We have been to Nashville dozens of times, we're looking forward to some fun and education.

That's awesome dawright03. My wife goes with me every year but were not sure yet if she will be able to this year. She goes just to go with me not to attend or anything.

I'll be there! I have been a member for 7 years, but this will be my first time at a national conference. I am really looking forward to it.

Pam, count me in for the meet n greet. What a great idea. :D

National

I truly hope those who come to Healthcon in Nashville will find the opportunity to have a great time! There is plenty for the family to do while you are at conference, so no need to worry about boredom.

If you have never been to the Gaylord, you are in for a real treat. My family and I have been there several times, and we haven't seen it all. There are many places around the dancing fountains and gardens to just relax and collect your thoughts. Plenty of restaurants, shopping, sweet shops, etc. There is also a game room.

The shopping center has every store imaginable along with an I-Max theatre. It is just an awesome place.

The Country Music Hall of Fame is well worth the trip to downtown. Ryman Auditorium and Tootsie's Bar is a must to see.

I sound like a tour director. The members of the AAPCCA BOD are looking forward to meeting you. Look us up!

Can't wait to go to Nashville, Tn.

Every since i was a child I have always wanted to go to Nashville's Grand Ole Oprayland. Now is my chance, plus learn, see old friends, and hopfully meet new ones too.
Is anyone from Virginia Beach/Chesapeake/or Suffolk coming too? If you are it would be great to share a room with you. I have already regrister for conference and room at the Gaylord. If you want to share please call me 757-681-1563 or email me at bjhougasian@verizon.net. Thank you.

Betty Hougasian,CPC
Coder/Auditor/Trainer
NMCP
Portsmouth, Va.
Past Preseident/Secretary/Treasurer of the Portsmouth Va. Chapter as well
as the Chesapeake, Va. chapter too.:)

Re: Roll Call: Who's attending Healthcon in Nashville

Good Day to All,

I will be attending the Healthcon conference in Nashville. I look forward to the National Conference every year. I have a unquenchable thirst for knowledge related to medical coding and the conference allows me to have the most up-to-date information relating to what I do for a living. The cost of the conference is my investment in myself and my career. I have been a Local Chapter Officer for the last three years and currently the Vice President of the Las Vegas Chapter for 2014. A benefit of being an officer you receive $300.00 off the cost of the registration for the National Conference which may make it more affordable to afford to attend. Another huge benefit of attending the conference is networking. I have met people from all across the country and beyond at the past three conferences. Please stop by the Las Vegas NV Local Chapter's booth at the Get To Know Your Local Chapter event so I can say hello to you!

Sincerely,

Loren Anderson, CPC
Las Vegas NV Local Chapter Vice President AAPC
landerson89143@yahoo.com

Good Day to All,

I will be attending the Healthcon conference in Nashville. I look forward to the National Conference every year. I have a unquenchable thirst for knowledge related to medical coding and the conference allows me to have the most up-to-date information relating to what I do for a living. The cost of the conference is my investment in myself and my career. I have been a Local Chapter Officer for the last three years and currently the Vice President of the Las Vegas Chapter for 2014. A benefit of being an officer you receive $300.00 off the cost of the registration for the National Conference which may make it more affordable to afford to attend. Another huge benefit of attending the conference is networking. I have met people from all across the country and beyond at the past three conferences. Please stop by the Las Vegas NV Local Chapter's booth at the Get To Know Your Local Chapter event so I can say hello to you!

Sincerely,

Loren Anderson, CPC
Las Vegas NV Local Chapter Vice President AAPC
landerson89143@yahoo.com

Hi Loren,

You sound pumped up! I love it! I look forward to attending National Conference every year. It's such a great time and I love meeting new people. The $300 discount really helps! I have been fortunate enough to take advantage of that officer discount also.

Not too much longer. April will be here before we know it. Safe travels and have fun!

Holly Brown CPC, CPC-H, CEMC
2014 Orange Park, FL Member Development Officer

I will be there!!! I am SUPER excited and can't wait to network with you all. The Gaylord is an awesome place to stay, I had a blast at the Regional conference the last time they hosted it for AAPC a few years ago.

See you in April!

Cathy Sipka

Hi Pam, I just want to check in because I will be traveling alone and would welcome the opportunity to meet up with someone, this will be my first convention with AAPC.
Look forward to hearing from you, thanks Cathy Sipka

Hi Pam, I just want to check in because I will be traveling alone and would welcome the opportunity to meet up with someone, this will be my first convention with AAPC.
Look forward to hearing from you, thanks Cathy Sipka

We will make it a point to announce a meet & greet each evening in the lobby, for people attending alone!

If you havent signed up for HealthCon yet, you can sign up online and add the hotel directly from the AAPC website. If you have to purchase the Hotel seperately then I would think that you only need to provide them with AAPC

National Conference

Attending my first national Conference this year. Representing Palm Beach Chapter. Looking forward to networking and advancing my skills to the next level.

Barbara Peterson, CPC
VP, Palm Beach County Chapter

Hi all- This will be my 5th time attending. I will be going by myself and would love to do a meet and greet. It's my first time in Nashville too and I can't wait.

Isabel Quinones l Director of Analytics l t. 702.979.9700 l f. 877.221.6375
6655 W Sahara Ave. Suite C-202 l Las Vegas l NV l 89146
iquinones@lvhsc.org

I will be alone Monday and Tuesday nite, I have been to 5 conferences and I can't say that I ever had the pleasure to meet anyone. Hopefully I will have some luck this time!!

Katie Werner, CPC CPMA

I will be alone Monday and Tuesday nite, I have been to 5 conferences and I can't say that I ever had the pleasure to meet anyone. Hopefully I will have some luck this time!!

Katie Werner, CPC CPMA

Hi, Katie...glad to hear you're attending...we're going to be helping to arrange a meet and greet every evening so that people can get together for meals and activities during the conference.

A am attending from Florida. My first conference. Will not be alone but we would love to meet and greet fellow coders.. Let's face it. In this business, you can never have too many friends or too many resources to turn to.

You're right, Leah! Networking at the conference is incredibly valuable!

Glad you'll be able to join us.

Can't wait!!

Healthcon is going to be great on SO many levels!!! Whether you are alone, or with someone, please stop by to see the AAPCCA BOD, so we can get to know you. We will have a table (not sure where, but you will know us when you see us!!) Come by and visit and contribute to Project AAPC and the Scholarship fund. Chapters, don't be left out! Conference is a great time to send a donation for these great causes with your members who attend, and members, you can participate on your own too!

And Loren Anderson from Las Vegas, I want to meet YOU for sure! Your holiday service project of sending cards to wounded service people was an AWESOME idea! I want to make sure you tell everyone about it at the Get to Know Successful Leadership session on Sunday morning!!! There were several chapters who mimiced your plan, and between us I think we managed to send tons of encouraging messages!

We won't be having the typical "Meet your Local Chapters" this year, so you don't have to worry about bringing stuff for setting up a table or giveaways. Just bring us some fabulous ideas to share for the networking part of this event. It's from 8 to noon on Sunday!!! BE there! It will be fun!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.