Wiki ROS Guidelines

OliviaPrice

Networker
Best answers
Does anyone know where I can find in writing the review of systems guidelines that state for a complete review 10 systems must be reviewed and individually documented?

In the few minutes I've looked through my notes what I came up with is that a complete ROS consists of 9 systems and is found in the 1995 documentation guidlines. I hope that helps a little

No--10 systems is a complete ROS

According to the Medicare Physican Guide (1995) guidelines page 7, 10 systems will be a complete ROS.

"DG: At least ten organ systems must be reviewed. Those systems with positive or pertinent negative responses must be indivudually documented. For the remaining systems, a notation indiciating all other systems are negative is permissable. In the absence of such a notation, at least 10 systems must be individually documented." Medicare Physician Guide

http://www.cms.hhs.gov/MLNProducts/Downloads/1995dg.pdf

I hope this helps!

Trailblazer doesn't allow the "all others reviewed and are negative...." shortcut.

It varies from contractor to contractor so I'd individually check with them. Since the contractors can "interpret" (in other words, *confuse everyone*) the guidelines themselves....;)

review of systems

cAN SOMEONE HELP ME FIGURE OUT HOW OFTEN AN OTRHOPEDIC SURGEON SHOULD BE DOING A ROS. IS THERE GUIDELINES OR REGULATIONS ON THE MATTER I COULD READ PLEASE HELP