Wiki Rural Health and Nursing Home Visits

Best answers
We are a Rural Health Care clinic and our physician is going to see patients in the nursing home facility. What rev codes should we be using and should we be using the cpt codes 99304-99310? Someone has mentioned that we have to own the nursing home in order to bill these codes? It has created some questions. Your input is greatly appreciated.
Thank you.

RHC can provide visits in their clinic, a beneficiary's home, a Medicare covered part A SNF, or at the scene of an accident. I would recommend rev code 551.

You wouldn't be using revenue codes. He is a physician doing a nursing home visit.

For a patient in a nursing home, the codes start at 99304.
For a patient in a rest home (assisted living facility) or other custodial care, the codes start at 99324

Ask the facility what is their designation, to get the right CPT and the right POS (SNF, ALF, etc.)

I did not think it was part of the Rural Health Clinic, but a physician just going out to a nursing home. Just as when my boss (MD) goes to see patients at the inpatient rehab hospital. The patients are not part of his private practice. Learn something new every day.