Wiki shoulder arthroscopy code

Nljacobson

Best answers
Op note states: "posterior portal generated and scope introduced. Visualization of shoulder interior showed tearing of anterior and posterior labral tissues. Undersurface of rotator cuff showed tear with delamination. This was debried with a shaver through an anterior portal as well as excision of the torn labral contents."

What code would describe this procedure? 29822? I don't think 29807 is appropriate because no anchoring is documented.

The note then goes on to describe an open approach acromioplasty and rotator cuff repair.

My dilema is that

Op note states: "posterior portal generated and scope introduced. Visualization of shoulder interior showed tearing of anterior and posterior labral tissues. Undersurface of rotator cuff showed tear with delamination. This was debried with a shaver through an anterior portal as well as excision of the torn labral contents."

What code would describe this procedure? 29822? I don't think 29807 is appropriate because no anchoring is documented.

The note then goes on to describe an open approach acromioplasty and rotator cuff repair.

My dilema is that

definitely not 29807, Dependent on other documentation I would consider the 29822/29823