Wiki Shoulder help

taurus7694

Networker
Best answers
Here it goes..
Pt is status post rotator cuff repair on 4/21/09 and the codes from that surgery are: 23412 and 29824-59.

Pt returns to the OR on 5/26/09 (post op period) due to increased pain over last 48 hrs, elevated sed rate and CRP, possible joint infection.

I know I will have to use Modifier 78 on my procedures to indicate unplanned proc by same phys in post op period related to orig surgery...but here is my dilema:
The doctor did arthroscopic debridement of hyperemic tissue to the rotator cuff and glenohumeral joint. Then he repositioned scope to the subacromial space and performed a bursectomy along with line debridement. Next..he opened up the prior incision and disected down to the deltopectoral fascia. The subcutanious fat was resected. Cultures were obtained. Then he irrigated with saline and hemovac drain was inserted in both subacromial space as well as glenohumeral joint.

Can this be coded 29826-78, 29823/59, 23030/59,78?????

I was not sure on the 29826, but I cannot find another code for arthroscopic bursectomy. Does 29823 include buresectomy? Also, do you agree with 23030 for the incision part of the surgery? Thanks for your responses!