Wiki Stent placement

OPENSHAW

Guru
Best answers
Help!!!

I need help coding this patient.
Because of the tight stenosis and severe hypertension, it was decided to proceed with an intervention of the right renal artery ostium.

A percutaneous transluminal angioplasty of the right renal artery ostium, stent of the right renal artery ostium and right renal artery arteriogram.

How would i code this. Would it be 35471-rt. Can i code the stents?

Thank you, linda.

Help!!!

I need help coding this patient.
Because of the tight stenosis and severe hypertension, it was decided to proceed with an intervention of the right renal artery ostium.

A percutaneous transluminal angioplasty of the right renal artery ostium, stent of the right renal artery ostium and right renal artery arteriogram.

How would i code this. Would it be 35471-rt. Can i code the stents?

Thank you, linda.

Without more info than what is listed, all that I would code would be a stent placement.
37205/75960. You could also code 36245 for catheter placement into a renal artery w/o angiography (no interpretation). The angioplasty is a normal component of stent placement.

HTH :)

Without more info than what is listed, all that I would code would be a stent placement.
37205/75960. You could also code 36245 for catheter placement into a renal artery w/o angiography (no interpretation). The angioplasty is a normal component of stent placement.

Danny,

I know you've been doing this a lot longer than I and if I'm wrong, please let me know, but for renal cath placement wouldn't you have to utilize the new codes 36251-36252? I'd like to make sure I'm capturing my vascular coding correctly. Thanks!

Danny,

I know you've been doing this a lot longer than I and if I'm wrong, please let me know, but for renal cath placement wouldn't you have to utilize the new codes 36251-36252? I'd like to make sure I'm capturing my vascular coding correctly. Thanks!

Julie,
You're correct in that the new codes are for selective renal angiography. If angiography is not performed, the old codes for catheter placement can still be used. The information given does not show any interpretation of renal arteries, but stent placement includes catheter placement into that vessel.

Clear as mud, right?