Wiki Stress Testing

khc123

Best answers
I am new to coding cardiology and need help please. My physician (Dr. A)owns stress testing equipment. We normally bill a complete 93015.
Another physician the the professional building and in separate practice, (Dr. B.) and my Dr. A have agreed to let Dr. B use the equipment for his patients and he will bill for the eval and interp.
TC is not a valid modifier for the stress test. What codes are used for the use of the equipment, etc. Then, what codes would be used for Dr. B for being present during the test, interp and eval?

Since Dr. A owns the equipment and is letting Dr. B use the equipment, Dr. A would bill 93017 - tracing or use of the equipment. Dr. B can only bill for supervison and interpretation; 93016 & 93018.

I hope this helped.

Dolores, CPC,CCC

Let me understand this, if our Doctor is using the equipment at any other clinic/hospital
then they bill 93016 and 93018 with no modifer?

Same day stress echo and nuclear stress

#1 Is there "same day" bundling? For example doing an equivical stress echo and then proceding with Nuc stress test the same day in the office.

#2 When documenting for vascular ultrasound; does the diagnosis ("leg pain") need to be in the A/P or ROS part of the doctor's notes?

#3 Can you bill 93320 & 93325 with 93351, same day for stress echo?

Thanks for any information anyone can give!
Deb

Incomplete Doppler Echocardiography

Hi,
I'm new to cardiology and need some help. One of our docs did a doppler echography, he was unable to get any readings on a patient. He is calling this an incomplete doppler, if it was not due to equipment malfunction, would it be billed with a modifier 53?

Thanks