Wiki Superficial Radiation Therapy in a Providers office and incident to billing

Corinac

New
Best answers
I have never done incident to billing and I know the basic rules when it involves a midlevel provider carrying out a plan of care on a patient. However, we recently brought in IG-SRT to our office. This is a image guided superficial radiation treatment. The doctor creates the plan and the radiation therapist does the treatment the cpt codes we will be billing are 77261,77262,77263,77280,77285,77290,77300,77332,77333,77334,77336,77401,77427. Since the RT is not a credentialed provider but is providing a service within her scope of practice and is the one doing the treatment we should bill the claims as incident to, correct? Are there different rules regarding these types of treatments? If the MD is out of the office but one of the Midlevel's are in can she still do the treatments? If the MD that created the plan is out of the office but another MD is in the office do we change the provider we are billing under or can it stay under the ordering provider? I would appreciate any input and contact information that may be helpful in answering my questions.
Corina