Wiki Tc & 26?

Best answers
How would you bill both intraoperative monitoring technical fee and professional read fee for the following situation.....

95920- Intraoperative Neurophysiology Monitoring- Billable Hours 1.00
95938- Upper and Lower Extremities SSEP
95861- Upper EMG, Units 2
95939- Upper and Lower Extremities TCeMEP
95937- Neuromuscular Junction Test (TO4)
95955- EEG Non-intracranial Surgery

If you need more information in order to answer my question, please let me know.

Thanks!

Confused

I really don't have any information on this situation, it was just passed down to me to research. Actually, this is not any type of coding that I am familiar with. So any type of additional information you have would be great.

Thanks!

well if they are doing the technical part and the professional part then you would bill it alone with out any modifier.

OK, that makes sense. When I reread my original post I can see how my question wasn't clear. In this situation how would you bill a) the technical component and b) the professional component, as in two separate questions.

I guess my true question is, to which codes would the TC and/or 26 modifiers be appended?

Thanks!

If you did the procedure and then had another provider do the reading then you would bill the CPT-TC and the other provider would bill the CPT-26. I worked for radiologists for many years and the hospital would bill the technical part of the procedure because they owned the equipment and that is where the x-ray was performed and my Radiologists would bill the CPT with a 26 modifier for the reading.