Wiki The Coding Network

CZ

New
Best answers
Hello,

Has anyone recently completed The Coding Network's test? I recently completed the test and used lots of documentation of the CMS auditing and ICD-10 guidelines, I have also been auditing for a while and attended around 10+ auditing trainings from local AAPC chapters, AAPC webinars, and CMS trainings. I was told that I didn't pass, wasn't even told a score or anything. I was pretty surprised (and confused). However, no further information was provided about the test and how it is graded. I am now told that I can complete their E/M course and retest. I am trying to decide if this is worth the time commitment. Also, does anyone currently work for this company? Any feedback on how you like the company?

Thank you in advance for any feedback to help me make an educated job choice!

Hello,

The Coding Network seems to be fraudulent, I'm sure I got all the questions right on their test and they told me I didn't pass. I regret wasting my time on this..I'm going to report this to AAPC.
My advice: It's a scam, don't waste your time taking their tests!

While I understand your frustration, I would be careful in calling the company fraudulent. They have a lot of coders and auditors working as contractors who have obviously passed their tests. With that being said, you are not the first person to think they have aced the assessments only to be told they failed. Not sure why or how this could happen but it does, and often.

It is common practice for potential employers not to tell you where you went wrong; some will tell you your score on their tests but many do not. TCN wanted me to take their auditing test quite recently but in the end I declined, mainly because I was not looking for contract work. I think I applied out of desperation when I knew my job was on the line.

I agree with Twizzle on this one. I would be hesitant to slander any company (and people in general), unless you have some substantial, specific and hard evidence that they are in fact fraudulent as you claim. This creates gossip which is never productive or proactive, and is often frowned upon by peers and possible future employers.