Wiki Thinking of becoming a CRC - Suggestions on preparation

jnieto625

Networker
Best answers
I have been pondering on the idea of taking the CRC exam for almost a year now. I was wondering if the study guide would be sufficient or if the course is absolutely necessary. A little background... I am a billing manager and have been a certified coder for over 10 years. I do not code on a day to day basis anymore but I have been working with many insurances on their HEDIS incentive programs. I would love to get back into ICD10 coding as it really was my passion when I became certified. I am asking for suggestions as I cannot purchase the entire course at this time but I can purchase the study guide. Also, are there any other resources I could use to prepare along with the study guide? I would appreciate any and all suggestions.
:eek:

CRC exam

I will probably aim to take the CRC in 2019. I think it's a worthwhile credential to have although I don't code anymore.

I took and passed the CDEO certification this year on my first attempt using only the study guide and practice questions which I did over and over again. Along with the questions at the end of each chapter in the study guide, I found that to be sufficient preparation and I will do the same for the CRC should I decide to go for it.

The training courses are not cheap so if funds are a problem get the guide and the practice questions. It worked for me.

I only purchased study guide and passed my CRC exam. You just need to practice ICD Questions more and more which is in study guide and understand the concept of each chapter. There are many questions in exam which are very confusing & time really matters again. you need to focus on short questions first and easy chapters whichever is easy for you. you will easily pass the exam.

Praveen CPC, CRC

CRC exam

I am taking CRC course thru AAPC and am wondering about anatomy and medical terminology. Are there any questions on the exam JUST covering anatomy and medical terminology or are all the questions CRC/HCC related? Just wondering how much I should actually review anatomy and medical terminology. Thanks.