Wiki Triscuspid Valve issue

dzanoni

Best answers
I need help coding the "removal of vegetation" from the Triscuspid Valve. They did a debridement of the vegetation and VSD closure. They were scraped off the anterior leaflet and the septal leaflets. I have had no success in coding this. Anybody have any suggestions? I would greatly appreciate the help.
:confused:

any kind of help? I'm desperate. Should I use the 33999 unlisted cardiac code, or just leave it as incidental to the VSD? The patient was taking antibiotics to try and clear it up...

Last edited:
was the removal of vegetation an "incidental" thing that they did since they were in doing the VSD closure?

The patient was in the hospital for an infection caused by the vegetation, but I assume that when they did the VSD, they went ahead and removed the vegetation since the antibiotics weren't clearing it up. So, yes, I guess you could say it was incidental

In that case, I would probably just code the VSD closure unless you can verify that the vegetation removal was not incidental. If it was not incidental for some reason, unlisted is probably your best bet.