Wiki Trying to enter coding field

elderberry

Best answers
I have two Master's Degree, one in Library Science. I have worked for over twenty years in Corporate Libraries in the Financial Services Industry. I lost my position last December and attended a local college with a certificate program in Medical Coding. I completed the courses and took the AHIMA exam for Certified Coding Associate in August. I passed the exam, did some volunteer work in Healthcare Finance Department at a local non-profit and have not been able to locate a position. Any advice?

You might consider checking the hospitals in your area. Sounds like you would be a nice asset to a larger office or a hospital organization! You may consider getting your foot in the door with a different position in the medical field, and them move into coding or compliance.
Rena

Thank you for the suggestion

Thank you for your response. A local hospital looking for volunteers mentioned in their ad that they need volunteers in Medical Records. I might look into that, also one of my former doctors opened their own practice so I might look into a volunteer position there if possible. Thanks again