Wiki TVAR with axillary access help

kimcpccircc

Networker
Best answers
I have a very complicated TVAR where they did an axillary cut down access. Its like a 34834 but just higher up in the axillary.

Has anybody seen this-what do you think is proper? 34834-22 ? Or since they had to repair the axillary artery-just a direct repair?

I am at a loss. Anybody see anything like this? Dr. says it is going to become more common with different kinds of accesses for difficult cases.

Thanks, Kim
CPC, CIRCC

I have a very complicated TVAR where they did an axillary cut down access. Its like a 34834 but just higher up in the axillary.

Has anybody seen this-what do you think is proper? 34834-22 ? Or since they had to repair the axillary artery-just a direct repair?

I am at a loss. Anybody see anything like this? Dr. says it is going to become more common with different kinds of accesses for difficult cases.

Thanks, Kim
CPC, CIRCC

Assuming you are refering to a Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), take a look at cpt 33363. This includes the access so 34834 should not be coded separately.

HTH :)

Assuming you are refering to a Transcatheter Aortic Valve Replacement (TAVR), take a look at cpt 33363. This includes the access so 34834 should not be coded separately.

Actually-it was a thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair 33880, and 34834 open brachial access is allowed. Does that change your thinking?
Thanks for help!! Kim

Actually-it was a thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair 33880, and 34834 open brachial access is allowed. Does that change your thinking?
Thanks for help!! Kim

Sorry, I did not mean to send you in the wrong direction. So many acronyms, so little time.

Anyway, you might get an answer on the Cardio for CV forum.

I do not think 34834 is appropriate.