Wiki UGH! How To Code Trauma, Infected, Post Suture Removal!

LLBS29XX

Best answers
I have a patient who had a laceration to leg, went to ER, sutured and sent home. F/U with MD, sutures removed. Three days later noticed a push point at repair site. Went to ER, admitted cellulitis with staph, I & D and sent to us with wound vac care. Is this still a laceration? Since I&D, not surgical, now just cellulitis and staph? Thanks for any expert help.

Reply to post trauma infection

Here patient came within the global period of previous procedure that is laceration repair. And now incision and drainage is performed on same site for postoperative wound so we need to code I and D cpt code with modifier 78 (unplanned returned to operating room).

Here patient came within the global period of previous procedure that is laceration repair. And now incision and drainage is performed on same site for postoperative wound so we need to code I and D cpt code with modifier 78 (unplanned returned to operating room).

Can you tell the laceration repair was simple or complex if it is simple so it will 0 days of global period and here in scenario pt return back after three days of procedure