Wiki URGENT HELP NEEDED WITH TENEX PROCEDURE WITH ULTRASOUND

cherylbr

Guru
Best answers
Has anyone coded a percutaneous lateral epicondyle tenotomy with ultrasound guidane for the new Tenex procedure? I am coding and billing for the ASC. I have the tentomy code 24357, but I am unsure about which code to use for the ultrasound guidance and the resource page on the Tenex website does not work for me. I am leaning towards either 76998, 76942, or 76882. Abny help would be appreciated.

TYIA,
Cheryl

I am a biller for an ASC. The doctors offices have been scheduling the procedures with 24357 but our coding department has been coding these procedures as unlisted 24999 with no additional coding stating "There is no listed CPT available for ultrasound debridement of epicondylitis using Tenex device hence assigned unlisted code.". This has caused issues with reimbursement. I hope this helps with future cases as I'm responding a few months after your initial post date.

Hi Chassi:)
Why use CPT 24357 it seems better CPT 29837 debridement if this for elbow area. Also I 'd use cpt 76882 or 76942 to accompany the debridement of CPT 29837. Is the proper dx used in accord with provider s notes? At times payer want if injury where, how ,location and date of injury completed on claim. Check out blocks of dx X50, dx block M85, or dx M88 Also the CPT 24999 pays nothing on that unless physician/provider documentation states this is new special procedure or unique case due to blah blah then use unlisted CPT but must send in medical record with claim when use unlisted CPT codes. Also if pt is a smoker add F17 or Z72 or past history Z87.8 cause it does affect bone health.
Well I hope I helped you a bit
Lady T🦴(y)

Last edited: