Wiki URGENT HELP regarding CPT code needed

hysteroscopy, removal of retained products

I could help if I had a clearer picture of what you're dealing with.
Did the patient have an incomplete spontaneous abortion - or a missed abortion? Did she previously deliver and now presenting with vaginal/uterine bleeding? Was pathology done on the specimen? and was it determined that it was POC? Is this outpatient hospital?

Kristen Price COC, CPC
OB/Gyn

Now appears this will be a diagnostic hscope...Yes?

I called patient discuss test results.
1) Biparental karyotypes are normal
2) ......genetic carrier screen demonstrates that she is a CF carrier
3) Her endometrial biopsy did not demonstrate endometritis or retained placenta.
Recommendations:
1) Patient's partner will need to have Horizon/Natera done. This can be done when they come to town for her hysteroscopy on 12/28.
2) I reassured her that her hysteroscopy is still necessary. the lesion on the posterior is wall is significant enough to warrant direct visualization for
biopsy and excison. I informed her that it is possible that a blind endometrial biopsy did not capture the tissue sufficiently to render a diagnosis.
Her questions were answered.

She had a sonohysterogram with emb which resulted in the above note.

Thank you!!!

I called patient discuss test results.
1) Biparental karyotypes are normal
2) ......genetic carrier screen demonstrates that she is a CF carrier
3) Her endometrial biopsy did not demonstrate endometritis or retained placenta.
Recommendations:
1) Patient's partner will need to have Horizon/Natera done. This can be done when they come to town for her hysteroscopy on 12/28.
2) I reassured her that her hysteroscopy is still necessary. the lesion on the posterior is wall is significant enough to warrant direct visualization for
biopsy and excison. I informed her that it is possible that a blind endometrial biopsy did not capture the tissue sufficiently to render a diagnosis.
Her questions were answered.

She had a sonohysterogram with emb which resulted in the above note.

Thank you!!!

So if they do the Hysteroscopy only(no bx) you would code 58555, if they do a bx/excision/D&C then you would code 58558.