Wiki Urology coding need help...

nbutts25

New
Best answers
I am new to the Urology coding and need some help...

Op report states...
cystoscope inserted per uretha w/ following observations: the bladder mucosa demonstrates no evidence of inflammatory or neoplastic lesion. the right and left ureteral orifices are in the normal position

the left ureteral orifice was cannulated using a ureteral catheter and a sensor guidewire was passed to the level of the renal pelvis on the left under floroscopic guidence...

a semirigid ureteroscope was passed into the left ureter and advanced to the distal ureter and a narrow area was encounter and need to be dilated using a dilating balloon. the ureteroscope was then passed to the level of obstructing stone. the stone was fragmented using the holmium laser and were retreived using a stone basket

CPT codes used was 52344 and 52332 with 51mod

thanks for any help:eek:

I am new to the Urology coding and need some help...

Op report states...
cystoscope inserted per uretha w/ following observations: the bladder mucosa demonstrates no evidence of inflammatory or neoplastic lesion. the right and left ureteral orifices are in the normal position

the left ureteral orifice was cannulated using a ureteral catheter and a sensor guidewire was passed to the level of the renal pelvis on the left under floroscopic guidence...

a semirigid ureteroscope was passed into the left ureter and advanced to the distal ureter and a narrow area was encounter and need to be dilated using a dilating balloon. the ureteroscope was then passed to the level of obstructing stone. the stone was fragmented using the holmium laser and were retreived using a stone basket

CPT codes used was 52344 and 52332 with 51mod

thanks for any help:eek:

I see 52353, LT

52353 cysto, ureteroscopy with lithotripsy and stone basket extraction .
(52332-59 for the stent if doc inserted one. )
74485-26 for the professional component of the dilation of the ureters under radiological supervision and then....
76000-26-59 for the fluoroscopy.

Use your -LT modifier

What was your primary diagnosis?? was it stricture or stones???

per CCI edits, 52332 AND 52353 do not bundle, why would we then use a modifier 59. A more appropriate modifier would be 51

Last edited: