Wiki Venous balloon angioplasty

djh803

New
Best answers
Percutaneous balloon angioplasty performed on common iliac and external iliac veins during same session. Can 35476 be billed twice for this (with 59 modifier on second one)? With arterial balloon angioplasties, the common iliac and external iliac arteries are considered separate territories. Does this hold true for veins as well?

Thanks for any help with this!

Angioplasty

The code that was used for Percutaneous Angioplasty was 35473 and it was deleted and it states to report use 37220-37227. These are the new codes for 2011 for Angioplasty and Stent placement. Please read all the information before code 37220 but I think you could bill 37220 and 37222. I hope this helps you.

Percutaneous balloon angioplasty performed on common iliac and external iliac veins during same session. Can 35476 be billed twice for this (with 59 modifier on second one)? With arterial balloon angioplasties, the common iliac and external iliac arteries are considered separate territories. Does this hold true for veins as well?

Thanks for any help with this!

I would only code 35476/75978 twice if there were two separate non-contiguous lesions being treated. One contiguous (bridging) lesion would mean one venoplasty.

The new 3722_ codes are for arterial interventions, not venous.

HTH :)