Wiki Wanting to add additional credentials

imcbmcc

Contributor
Best answers
Hello~

I currently hold my CPC, CCA, and I am wondering what additional credentials you all would recommend? I am looking for something that will have job opportunities and growth. I am interested in Clinical Documentation Integrity, Auditing, E/M, and open to really anything. Currently, I am doing ICD-10 coding for critical care pediatric patients. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you!~

In my personal opinion, if you are interested in CDI (Clinical Documentation Improvement) definitely start considering the CDEO - Clinical Documentation Expert Outpatient. I've been seeing a lot of demand of CDIs lately, and I am currently working on that certification to take the exam.

There are also credentials specifically for E/M and Auditing, so E/M credential is CEMC and auditing is CPMA both through the AAPC, pretty popular credentials to have under your belt.

Hope this helps.

Credentials help you move towards the career direction you want, so in order for me to recommend a certification, then it really depends on what you would like to end up doing.

As Marco was explaining, the three credentials that pop into my head based on your interests are:
Apart from the other specialized coding topics, the CRC is not a bad one to consider. This credential deals mainly with risk adjustment and health plans (either on the health plan or the provider side).

Since you are working with Pediatric patients, perhaps the CPEDC is worth looking into?

Good luck!

In my personal opinion, if you are interested in CDI (Clinical Documentation Improvement) definitely start considering the CDEO - Clinical Documentation Expert Outpatient. I've been seeing a lot of demand of CDIs lately, and I am currently working on that certification to take the exam.

There are also credentials specifically for E/M and Auditing, so E/M credential is CEMC and auditing is CPMA both through the AAPC, pretty popular credentials to have under your belt.

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for your input!

Credentials help you move towards the career direction you want, so in order for me to recommend a certification, then it really depends on what you would like to end up doing.

As Marco was explaining, the three credentials that pop into my head based on your interests are:
Apart from the other specialized coding topics, the CRC is not a bad one to consider. This credential deals mainly with risk adjustment and health plans (either on the health plan or the provider side).

Since you are working with Pediatric patients, perhaps the CPEDC is worth looking into?

Good luck!
Thank you so much! I am going to look at this information.