Wiki What do I do now??

clord

New
Best answers
I've been at my current job for the last 5 years. I have my CPC. I'm thinking about furthering my education, but I don't know where to start. I like the fact that I don't deal with too many customers besides my business office, nurses and on occasion physicians. I like dealing with paperwork more than people:p If you have any suggestons, please let me know. cpigeon@altru.org

I've been at my current job for the last 5 years. I have my CPC. I'm thinking about furthering my education, but I don't know where to start. I like the fact that I don't deal with too many customers besides my business office, nurses and on occasion physicians. I like dealing with paperwork more than people:p If you have any suggestons, please let me know. cpigeon@altru.org

What type of "setting" are you in now? What do you like to do?

I work in a clinic with two other coders and approximately 15 providers. I mainly code for Family Practice (which I love), but I also code for Infectious Disease, Urgent Car, and Peds.

I work in a clinic with two other coders and approximately 15 providers. I mainly code for Family Practice (which I love), but I also code for Infectious Disease, Urgent Car, and Peds.

Consider taking the CEMC and go towards auditing; which you would still have minimal to no pt contact and still do what you love.

Hope this helps