Wiki Why was I marked wrong? (Practicode Case ID: OPD7382)

Elund

Networker
Best answers
The documentation:

SEX: FEMALE

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: POSTMENOPAUSAL BLEEDING. ABNORMAL PAP TEST- ENDOMETRIAL CELLS PRESENT

PROCEDURES: ATTEMPTED ENDOMETRIAL CURETTAGE.

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: POSTMENOPAUSAL BLEEDING.

SURGEON: Joshua Kramer, M.D.

FIRST ASSISTANT: ANESTHESIA: GENERAL, ENDOTRACHEAL TUBE

ESTIMATE BLOOD LOSS: LESS THAN 5 CC.

FLUID INPUT: 300 CC OF LR

URINE OUTPUT: 100 CC OF CLEAR URINE.

SPECIMEN: ENDOCERVICAL CURETTAGE.

COMPLICATIONS: NONE.

DISPOSITION: THE PATIENT WAS TAKEN TO THE RECOVERY ROOM IN STABLE CONDITION.

FINDINGS: Atrophic vagina, large cystocele, cervix cannot be visualized and palpated readily.

PROCEDURE: After obtaining informed consent, the patient was taken to the operating room and general anesthesia and endotracheal tube was initiated, the patient was placed in the dorsal lithotomy position. The peritoneum was prepped and draped in sterile fashion. The bladder was drained by straight catheter.

A retractor was placed into the posterior vagina. A right angle retractor was positioned anterior to the cervix. Then the anterior lip of the cervix-cont. with the anterior vaginal wall and very difficult to isolate was grasped with a single-tooth tenaculum. With difficulties endocervical canal localized and endocervical curettage was performed using the Kevorkian curette. Minimal amount of tissue obtained and sent for pathology. Hysteroscopy was not performed due to inability to penetrate internal cervical os. The instruments were removed from the cervix and the vagina. Excellent hemostasis was obtained.

The patient tolerated the procedure well. Sponge counts were correct x 2. Patient was transferred to recovery room in stable condition

Joshua Kramer, M.D.

DICTATED BY: J Andrews, M.D.

Why aren't the atrophic vagina and large cystocele reported?

The documentation:

SEX: FEMALE

PREOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: POSTMENOPAUSAL BLEEDING. ABNORMAL PAP TEST- ENDOMETRIAL CELLS PRESENT

PROCEDURES: ATTEMPTED ENDOMETRIAL CURETTAGE.

POSTOPERATIVE DIAGNOSIS: POSTMENOPAUSAL BLEEDING.

SURGEON: Joshua Kramer, M.D.

FIRST ASSISTANT: ANESTHESIA: GENERAL, ENDOTRACHEAL TUBE

ESTIMATE BLOOD LOSS: LESS THAN 5 CC.

FLUID INPUT: 300 CC OF LR

URINE OUTPUT: 100 CC OF CLEAR URINE.

SPECIMEN: ENDOCERVICAL CURETTAGE.

COMPLICATIONS: NONE.

DISPOSITION: THE PATIENT WAS TAKEN TO THE RECOVERY ROOM IN STABLE CONDITION.

FINDINGS: Atrophic vagina, large cystocele, cervix cannot be visualized and palpated readily.

PROCEDURE: After obtaining informed consent, the patient was taken to the operating room and general anesthesia and endotracheal tube was initiated, the patient was placed in the dorsal lithotomy position. The peritoneum was prepped and draped in sterile fashion. The bladder was drained by straight catheter.

A retractor was placed into the posterior vagina. A right angle retractor was positioned anterior to the cervix. Then the anterior lip of the cervix-cont. with the anterior vaginal wall and very difficult to isolate was grasped with a single-tooth tenaculum. With difficulties endocervical canal localized and endocervical curettage was performed using the Kevorkian curette. Minimal amount of tissue obtained and sent for pathology. Hysteroscopy was not performed due to inability to penetrate internal cervical os. The instruments were removed from the cervix and the vagina. Excellent hemostasis was obtained.

The patient tolerated the procedure well. Sponge counts were correct x 2. Patient was transferred to recovery room in stable condition

Joshua Kramer, M.D.

DICTATED BY: J Andrews, M.D.

Why aren't the atrophic vagina and large cystocele reported?

What was deemed the correct answer here? I would have thrown N95.2 with N81.10 at the end of this procedure and would need something more to count my reply inaccurate.
Well, if they thought the indication was accurate; N95.0 post menopausal bleeding, I'm not coding the coding the endometrial cells present here, NO that may not be an abnormal finding here. I'll challenge anyone to state otherwise. You throw me your examples please!