Wiki Why was I marked wrong? (Practicode Case ID: OPD7424)

Elund

Networker
Best answers
The relevant documentation:
IMPRESSION: Normal chest.). Views: AP (portable). Technique: good. The X-rays were interpreted by the radiologist and contemporaneously by me. Laboratory Tests: Laboratory tests have been ordered, with results reviewed and considered in the medical decision making process. 0528:YJ:C00272S: Final results

Why isn't the chest X-ray coded? Shouldn't "The X-rays were interpreted by the radiologist and contemporaneously by me" indicate that it should also be coded for the physician reporting it here?

The relevant documentation:
IMPRESSION: Normal chest.). Views: AP (portable). Technique: good. The X-rays were interpreted by the radiologist and contemporaneously by me. Laboratory Tests: Laboratory tests have been ordered, with results reviewed and considered in the medical decision making process. 0528:YJ:C00272S: Final results

Why isn't the chest X-ray coded? Shouldn't "The X-rays were interpreted by the radiologist and contemporaneously by me" indicate that it should also be coded for the physician reporting it here?

Only one physician can bill for reading the x-ray.

If this physician independently interpreted the x-ray, you can factor that into the Medical Decision Making for the E/M charge. You would not code the x-ray for this physician. The radiologist would bill it.