Wiki XTern

elenipete

Networker
Best answers
I would like to do an xternship, and was wondering if anyone has any advice on a "correct" or proper way of contacting the site for a request for an interview! Since you have to contact them by e-mail, I am unsure if I should send my resume in with the request, should I just send a cover letter? Desperate and would like any advice!
Thank you
Andrea

I would like to do an xternship, and was wondering if anyone has any advice on a "correct" or proper way of contacting the site for a request for an interview! Since you have to contact them by e-mail, I am unsure if I should send my resume in with the request, should I just send a cover letter? Desperate and would like any advice!
Thank you
Andrea

Hi, Andrea,

I have found that none of the e-mails that I went through worked. The AAPC needs to update the contact information.

I then tried to fax my information. Turns out they're not getting to the appropriate party.

When I called one place, they seemed impatient. I don't even know if these listed facilities realize they're part of the Xtern program.

So my advice to you is...do whatever it is that you have to, because it is extremely frustrating!!

:mad:

Hi, Andrea,

I have found that none of the e-mails that I went through worked. The AAPC needs to update the contact information.

I then tried to fax my information. Turns out they're not getting to the appropriate party.

When I called one place, they seemed impatient. I don't even know if these listed facilities realize they're part of the Xtern program.

So my advice to you is...do whatever it is that you have to, because it is extremely frustrating!!

:mad:

Hi Deborah,
What places have you tried? Just trying to see if you are in the same area as me. I see you finally passed your test! Congrats! When did you pass? I took my test Nov. 22 and yay I passed!
Thanks! I will do what I have to! Not giving up!!! Ever! ;)
Andrea
CPC-H-A

Hi Deborah,
What places have you tried? Just trying to see if you are in the same area as me. I see you finally passed your test! Congrats! When did you pass? I took my test Nov. 22 and yay I passed!
Thanks! I will do what I have to! Not giving up!!! Ever! ;)
Andrea
CPC-H-A

Hi, again, Andrea. Wow, congrats on your new credential as well!! I took my exam Nov. 8, the day before my birthday. What a nice present to myself! :eek:

I'm from New Jersey. I'm never comfortable naming places because my unfortunate circumstances might not be someone else's. I have written to AAPC and if they ask me the same, I will tell them just so that these useless places can be removed from the list because it's really screwing us up. It's already tough enough without this aggravation.

All the best to you in your search!

Hi Exelnipete,
I d try to locate the coding or billing manager s name of the HC company in your area want to work at. They need coders in clinic, labs, medical device, doc s office, billing companies , Medicaid DSS offices do billing, hospital and insurance companies. Go to Linkedin or contact the employer in your area where you d like to work. Send resume and cover letter expressing desire to work or phone them directly. Then if manager interested or have a need they will contact you or tell you to send data to human resources. Also go online to employer web site , fill in app with added resume and cover letter data for any jobs open there. If you hear nothing and you are in same area as job.,...physically go there to Human Resources office. I did this before speaking to Human Resouces staff with great results.
Good Luck!
Lady T

Last edited: