Wiki Z00.00 for a Pap and HPV

pookergirl

Networker
Best answers
I do diagnostic coding for my hospital's lab/x-ray/path depts...outpatient facility coding. I have many questions. I'll start with this one first.

Often the order will come in with a DX of Z00.00 adult general screening exam for a woman whose tests ordered are Pap and HPV.

I must enter an Admit Dx (only one is allowed), then a Primary and any number of secondaries.

For the above is this correct?

Admit Dx: Z00.00 Primary: Z00.00 Secondary: Z12.4 and Z11.51

How do I handle the EDIT that pops up stating I can't code Z12.4 with Z11.51?

I'm dying for insight on this scenario.

Thanks so much.

We have similar issue coding lab orders. For the same date, either same PCP, or separate provider, the Cytology order comes with description of "Annual"/"Routine": Z01.419 and/or Z00.00. They do PAP screen, HPV screen and on same date, orders for blood work say checking thyroid, vit D.
The facility uses the same account (encounter)#. Edits raised when using Z01.419 and Z00.00 together, as both are expected to be first-listed. I am choosing to code: Z01.419 with Z11.51 (for gyn screenings), E03.9, E55.9 to cover the blood test. I omit the Z00.00. Does anyone have anyfeedback on the proper way to do this? Should the facility create separate account# (encounters) so the cytology is separate from the blood test?