Certified Chiropractic Professional Coder (CCPC™) Credential
The Certified Chiropractic Professional Coder was developed by a team of leading chiro coding professionals. Coders with this credential demonstrate sufficient experience and expertise in chiropractic coding.
A CCPC™ is proficient in the following competencies:
- Ability to accurately assess the type and level of Evaluation and Management Service and proper use of modifier 25.
- Ability to read and extract relevant information from treatment plans and daily notations to determine how to appropriately code services performed and supplies provided using CPT and HCPCS, the patient’s diagnoses using ICD-10, and supplies
- Ability to apply provided medical policy standards in making coding decisions.
- Ability to differentiate modalities and procedures based on descriptions of services provided
- Ability to apply AMA and CMS rules pertaining to time-based services
- Ability to apply provided CMS bundling relationships and ability to determine the appropriate use of modifier 59.
- Ability to differentiate between various types of manipulative procedures under AMA standards
- Ability to code radiologic, neurologic, and musculoskeletal diagnostic procedures
- Medical terminology
- Anatomy and physiology