DrTomsFA

Best answers
Provider billed 28470
diagnosis: M84.374A

After appealing with chart notes, UHC says that the chart notes do not support that the 28470 was preformed. Dispensal of pneumatic cam walker was documented and diagnostics were preformed to accurately diagnose the fracture. The initiation documentation of the fracture was in the plan as well. All of this information was in the chart note sent to insurance. I am not sure what to do. This procedure was done, but I don't know what addtional information then what we have provided already that the insurance company requires to "prove" that is was. Anything helps.

EDIT: Per the chart note that was sent into UHC, this is the phrasing under the plan for the 28470: "Per proper ICD billing and coding, closed treatment metatarsal stress fracture 2nd and 3rd right foot instituted DOI is today date"

Thank you!

Can you share the note? What else was billed? Was an RT/LT modifier added? If you can share the note with names redacted I might be of more help, also a copy of the letter from UHC. They are sticky and very particular!

Can you share the note? What else was billed? Was an RT/LT modifier added? If you can share the note with names redacted I might be of more help, also a copy of the letter from UHC. They are sticky and very particular!
This code is for fracture care, so there will not be an op note for this service.

Does anyone know where to go to find out what they want in the note (specifically for this code?) Anyone got any links, seminars, books? I would like to supply the proper education so this does not happen again. I have exhausted all my resources, including UHC themselves.