Wiki 61782 and 31259

mentsa

Networker
Best answers
We are billing a claim that has 61782 and 31259 cpt codes with J32.0, J32.3 and J32.2 diagnosis codes. They will not go through the front edits of our software stating "missing or invalid information." We have tried everything we can think of to get the claim to go through to the payer but it will not go. No other information is on the edit. Only "missing or invalid information." Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

We are billing a claim that has 61782 and 31259 cpt codes with J32.0, J32.3 and J32.2 diagnosis codes. They will not go through the front edits of our software stating "missing or invalid information." We have tried everything we can think of to get the claim to go through to the payer but it will not go. No other information is on the edit. Only "missing or invalid information." Any input on this would be greatly appreciated.
Any news on this? I looked up the two codes and don't see any edits or LCD's. Not sure why your software wouldn't accept it. Have you tried to swap the order of the codes? Good luck

The way I finally got the codes to pass through the front edits was to add a 59 modifier to the 61782 which made no sense to me as it is an add on code and then a 51 modifier to the 31259. The claim went through and we have not heard back as to whether they are going to pay or not. Thanks for respondingl.