Wiki Acne Visit with Injections-PA Derm Office

LBernat7

Best answers
Pt was seen for routine monthly acne visit. Dr notes have Acne Post Inflammatory Hyperpigmentation and Acne Scars, same note every month. This particular visit she injected one spot on pt due to its size and location-one spot of the acne. she has an office visit of 99213 and 1 injection of Kenalog 11900 on there because its the acne she is charging the E&M for can she charge the injection too or is it one or the other?

Depends. If the acne is worsening and the MD prescribed medication for them on top of injecting a pimple I would bill 99213-25 and 11900. If the acne is stable and the MD didn't really do anything other than inject a pimple, I'd bill 11900 only, especially if the problem is only limited to the face.

thanks

Depends. If the acne is worsening and the MD prescribed medication for them on top of injecting a pimple I would bill 99213-25 and 11900. If the acne is stable and the MD didn't really do anything other than inject a pimple, I'd bill 11900 only, especially if the problem is only limited to the face.

my thoughts exactly ok thank you