Nevada, TX
Best answers
Our pediatrician wants to bill J8540 for the oral medication; which I believe is accurate, but he also wants to know if there is a CPT / HCPCS available for administering the oral medication. I've reviewed the HCPCS 2018 book, and have only come across H0033, but it's under the Mental health section, so that leads me to believe that is not appropriate to use in this scenario. I've reviewed the forum's archives about this issue, but wanted to see if any publications / information has changed in the last year about it. Any guidance you have is greatly appreciated.