Wiki Amending Op Reports

coderguy1939

Best answers
I was told in a seminar that the original op report could not be amended after billing out procedures--that a separate addendum and/or letter would be needed after billing. Anyone have any definitive information on this? Thanks.

I have heard and follow those same guidelines but I do not have any written guidelines to support it either. This could be facility policy/procedure related but if someone has something from CMS or other credible source it would be greatly appreciated.

mbort -I agree! I almost post that very same thing about rebecca in a different post!

rebecca - how do you know your way around that site so well! Your links are always so helpful!

You guys are very kind. I joined a practice (many years ago) that was fairly new (still employed there) and I had to get knee deep in understanding CMS guidelines and how to find them. I must, also, give many, many thanks to previous mentors who took the time to give a hand.

Thank you again~

Last edited:
In our facility I query the MD with a letter and a copy of the eob and have him write a letter, sign it and the original goes on top of the op report along with my query.