Wiki Athena "Streamline" Feedback

It's okay but more work.

We use it at work and I switched over roughly a month ago. There was definitely a learning curve even with all the training offered. Now it seems like any "normal" EMR system. It does seem to increase the amount of mouse clicks needed to find information, but if I used the keyboard more I think that wouldn't be so much of a problem. I will say I'm not on the billing side, I deal with the clinical side and medical records so they may have a different experience. The new system does make it REALLY easy for physicians to text-expand and use templates which is an auditing nightmare. Other than that, it does keep patient records in a very easy to review and retrieve format and makes it easy to send them either to other providers or billers.

Athena feedback

Hello,

I do the coding and billing for client with Athena. This is a very expensive EHR/PM software to use. Athena sales the bundled package as a one stop shop for revenue management. The problem is that you still need an experience coder who knows how to navigate their PM system while capturing all available charges prior to creating the claims. After the claim is adjudicated, Athena simply posts whatever EOB they are sent. They do not work denials nor do they adjudicate patient balances correctly. You will find your staff still having to perform the tasks of a coder and biller while Athena charges you a percentage (around 8%) of any payment posted. This software is not worth the expense.

I've noticed that you previously posted referencing Allscripts. If you changed software vendors hoping this would improve your revenue stream; Athena will not be the solution. I would love the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your revenue management needs.

Sincerely,

J.R. Blue, CPC, CPB, CPPM
Provider Relations
Medical A/R Revenue Solutions, LLC
email:jamesb@armedicalclaims.com