Wiki couple of questions, need help!!

cdr4life

Networker
Best answers
Some information about my office: I work at a PCP office in Scottsdale, Arizona for 5 doctors.

I recently recieved a denial from Humana in regards for a patient of ours in my office for a meningococcal vaccination, i've always coded it as 90733 with a v02.59, but they're saying the diagnosis code is not acceptable. What can I code that as?? they are only denying v02.59 as an invalid diagnosis. I looked in my 2013 coding book for icd 9 and it says meningococcal vaccination to be coded as v02.59. am i missing something?? the immunization was back in 2012 and the codes haven't changed at all
==========================================================
SECOND THING: we have several patients come to our office to get a shot of testosterone. they have been coming here for a long time, all of a sudden AARP MEDICARE doesn;t want to pay a

96372 with a 257.9 they have been paying up until 7/2013 and they state the coded are inappropriate, can someone help me with that>?> basically, the patient brings the medicine to us, we just inject them with our intramuscular injection

~Stephanie G.

I use V03.89 for 90733. I would only ever use V02.59 if carrier status was being investigated or already confirmed.
As far as AARP, I can't answer to that. Sorry.

V02.59 is for patient who is a carrier or suspected carrier of meningococcal dz. if the patient only needs a vaccination for meningococcal try V03.89....