Wiki CPC-A Coder in Orlando area looking for a chance

Best answers
My name is Elizabeth Lavery and I earned my CPC-A in August 2017. I currently work for a company named PhysAssist, who employs physician's scribes. Through hard work and determination, I have learned a lot in my time with the company and will only continue to grow. What I lack in experience I make up for in determination and heart, two things you cannot teach someone. I am currently working my way through the Practicode program and have completed Medical Billing and Coding course work at Penn Foster Career School. I have posted my resume in text format since this forum doesn't recognize Microsoft Word documents as valid files.

Thanks,
Elizabeth Lavery

======================================================================================================

Good Day!

My name is Elizabeth Lavery. I knew that helping people was what I was destined to do with my life ever since I was a little girl.

Since November 2017, I have worked for PhysAssist as a physician’s scribe. I have learned much in the past few months, including accurate medical charting, and continue to grow every day with every shift that I scribe.

I completed my coursework for Medical Billing and Coder through Penn Foster in May 2017. I earned a grade of 95 for the entire program. I passed the CPC exam on August 17, 2017, with Apprentice status. As you can see, I achieve what I put my mind to, no matter the obstacles.

I am a hard worker who has been dedicated to every job I have ever had, making sure my tasks are done accurately and as quickly as possible. I am able to work independently and with others to be the most efficient, depending on what the required job needs, what is good for the customers, and the workplace itself. I take what I have and find a way to improve it. In addition, I am able to type 40 words a minute, at least, including numbers and capital letters. My computer skills include proficiency in Microsoft Word, Word Processor, and have experience in Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Database. Learning has always been a passion of mine, developing new skills and adapting quickly. I am able to answer phones and solve problems quickly and with a sense of expectations to my voice. Organization is never an issue for me.

Thank you for considering my application for this position that I believe with give me the opportunity to expand my career. Attached is my resume.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Lavery

===================================================================================================
Elizabeth Lavery
EXPERIENCE
PhysAssist, Fort Worth — Physician’s Scribe
November 2017- Present
Vanessa Martinez (970-599-5951)

Assisting in completing the medical charts at Winter Haven Hospital Emergency Department.

Kelly Educational Staffing, Lakeland — Substitute Teacher
October 2014 - October 2017
Melanie Smith (863)614-1448

Filling in wherever I am needed in Polk County and making sure the kids do not fall behind while the regular teacher is out. Last evaluation, I earned excellent across the board for being able to handle a large class effectively and efficiently. I had a stable classroom for the last quarter of the 2014-2015 school year, teaching Life Science for seventh grade and assisting as a clerical employee during testing time. I was also nominated for Substitute Teacher of the year during my first year.

NV PHARMACY, Clermont — Pharmacy Technician
October 2016- January 2017
Chirag Patel (863) 989 5913

Filling prescriptions, deliveries.

EDUCATION
Florida Gulf Coast University, Fort Myers — Theatre
August 2006 - May 2010
10501 FGCU Boulevard South Fort Myers, FL 33965. Graduated Cum Laude, May 2010. Bachelors Degree, May 2008, Associates Degree. Majored in Theatre, Minored in Elementary Education. Activities: Alpha Psi Omega, FGCU Democrats, Gay Straight Alliance, LBGTQI Community and Supporters, International Honor Society.
Penn Foster Career School, Online (Pennsylvania) — Medical Billing and Coding
June 2016- May 2017
Grade: 95

CERTIFICATION
CPC- A (Acquired August 19, 2017)

SPECIAL SKILLS
I am able to type 60 words a minute, at least, including numbers and capital letters. My computer skills include proficiency in Microsoft Word, Word Processor, and have experience in Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Database. Learning has always been a passion of mine, developing new skills and adapting quickly. I am able to answer phones and solve problems quickly and with a sense of expectations to my voice. Organization is never an issue for me. I passed the CPC exam on August 19th, 2017 with apprentice status.
421 Ridgemont Loop
Davenport, FL 33897
(863)-424-1370
redheadactress@yahoo.com

REFERENCES

Jessica Heart
151 Tara Oaks Circle
Lady Lake, FL 32159
352-391-8664

Stefanie Montgomery
2235 Gunsmith Square
Reston, VA 20191