Wiki CPC-A resume/job application question

kdc83

New
Best answers
I'm a CPC-A working on my resume to apply for various medical coding job openings. My question in general is - what are entry-level medical coders suppose to put down for work experience when they have none (only experience via program coursework and passing certification(s) etc.)?

What I did was ask to be a volunteer at a local rehab hospital filing paperwork and whatever else I could do to help the people I was volunteering with. Then, I used that volunteer work on my resume after everything shut down for COVID which helped get me hired at a neurosurgery clinic. Try finding a place you can volunteer at using your skills or ask to shadow a coder and see what they say.

What I did was ask to be a volunteer at a local rehab hospital filing paperwork and whatever else I could do to help the people I was volunteering with. Then, I used that volunteer work on my resume after everything shut down for COVID which helped get me hired at a neurosurgery clinic. Try finding a place you can volunteer at using your skills or ask to shadow a coder and see what they say.
thank you for the reply. I'll check around my area for volunteer work. :)

I have been looking for Atlanta Area exam preparation or exam reviews that use to be proved on Emory Campus does anyone know if something is planned for the month of August or September 2021? Please update with the contact person to reach out to.

Thank you!