Wiki CPC Advice Needed In San Diego, CA

Best answers
Hi All! I've been doing billing and management for 9 years now and I have really put off getting my CPC, well I told myself that I would and that is my goal this year. Any advice on where to start would be really appreciated. I've read the info on the AAPC website and it's helpful, but I would really like to take a CPC prep course that is in a classroom rather than online, but I can't seem to find one in San Diego that will really prepare me for the exam. The link on the AAPC website takes me to practiceintegrity.com, but the classes are in Virginia?! I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, so advice would really be appreciated. Thanks! And Happy New Year!

RE: CPC Advice Needed in San Diego, CA

Some local chapters offer a CPC review about a week before the actual exam to go over some things and to help with how to (and how not to) mark your books.
I would suggest going ahead and taking the course online and getting the practice exams and study guides. I know they are not the same as being in class, but they are very helpful.
I have taken them before and am currently taking another one. I think they really help prepare you for the certification exam.

Kimberly, COC, CPC, CHONC