Wiki CPC Exam Scores - Though I was tickled pink

I took my exam this past Saturday (4-12-14), and I have been checking the Website several times a day. It is consuming my thoughts as well! I have read that several people had their results within a week, and I was hoping for the same. As of today though, the exams are still in transit, so I doubt I will have the results by tomorrow. It is very nerve racking.

Even though I passed the exam, I think it would be helpful to know if there is a section(s) that I need to work on. That would help me improve as a coder. But hey, I'm so glad I passed :)

I took my test July 31st and I just found out today I passed. It take at least five days. I told me it depends when the proctor mails back the test and it can update on the website anytime during the day. Good luck.:D

what did you do to pass the test how did you find all the info in section 1 about guidelines regulations etc. I really need to pass this test next time my career depends on it

Cpc result!!!!

i've been checking for my CPC result everynow and then. i took the exam last march 21st and i know this is just the 4th day..i'm a little bit anxious about the result..hopefully it will come out on soon..

Exam Results

Marcos, I too took my exam this past Saturday on March 21st. It has been driving me crazy waiting to see the results. This was my retake test because the first time I scored a 69%, so I am desperately hoping I passed this time, because I cannot afford to buy another. Hopefully we will see our results soon. Today is Thursday and it still says "In Transit to AAPC". Maybe tomorrow it will finally be posted. Good luck!

CPC exam

I took my CPC exam 3/19/16 and now it is in grading status. How long will it stay like this until it will show my results???

I took mine on last Sat. on 3-19 also and found out yesterday that I passed. I went to purchases under My AAPC tab and clicked on the exam tab and it showed that I passed and had a link for the score. I also noticed when logging in the CPC-A after my name. Keep checking back hopefully your results are in. I was so excited to see that I had passed it because it was my first time taking it and I had finished my coding course May 2015. I was worried the gap between finishing my college coursework and taking the exam plus the change from Icd-9 to Icd-10 would hurt me. I was thankful for all the information provided through my membership with AAPC.

Practice Exam vs Actual Exam

I missed 13 on practice exam and was told that I can miss up to 45 on the actual and still pass. I am just looking for advice. Should I get the study guide or just take the exam and see how I do
Thank You
Emily

Last edited:
go to your home screen, under purchases click on the exam, when it brings it up, there is a blue link that says "view my score" and when you click on it, your score will be there. or at least it does on mine. hope that helps.

You can miss 40 not 45. 2 points for each correct question

I missed 13 on practice exam and was told that I can miss up to 45 on the actual and still pass. I am just looking for advice. Should I get the study guide or just take the exam and see how I do
Thank You
Emily

You can miss 40, not 45

Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow! I am super excited for you! I recently taken my CPC exam yesterday (November 19, 2016), and I am nervous(about my results), but excited also.
Where did you attend coding school? Did you take the AAPC online course? Thanks! Again, congratulations!

Wow! I am super excited for you! I recently taken my CPC exam yesterday (November 19, 2016), and I am nervous(about my results), but excited also.
Where did you attend coding school? Did you take the AAPC online course? Thanks! Again, congratulations!

Hey I took my exam yesterday as well. I'm so nervous about the results as well. I guess on alot of them.

CPC exam results

I took my test on 11/19 & the website is STILL showing "In Transit to AAPC." It's been 10 days & they haven't even received anything. Anybody else have this problem?

score

hi everyone this may be a dumb question but... where do i find my score!!??? :)

thanks in advance.

Click on MY AAPC and it will take you to your home page. Click on your new credential, it should be there.. Also you will get a letter from AAPC in a few weeks. If you don't see the credential next to your name, that can indicate a fail:(

Hello to anyone out there. I've taken my CPC exam in Mech. Pa and failed. I'm resheduled to retake it in Dec. I've had anxiety attacks over this and I'm so stressed out over the exam and finding a job, etc. Can anyone give me any pointers and advice. Freda

i just recently took my test and am currently waiting for my results so I don't know if I passed or not yet but I do think I have a helpful tip. I noticed that all of the coding questions generally use 2 sets of CPT or ICD codes. For example; if the naswer consists of a cpt, and 2 icd codes the 4 answers will usually be something like:

12001, G29.8, I50
12011, G29.8, 150
12001, G29.7, I50
12011, G29.7, I50

Instead of looking up the first 4 to see if its right then the next four and so on, focus on if the cpt code is 12001 or 12011. Once you know which CPT code is correct then you can automatically make this a 50/50 question after maybe one minute of work. Lets say it was a laceration of the face which would make the correct CPT code 12011. Now that you know it has to be 12011 you can go look up if the diagnosis is G29.8 OR G29.7. By doing it this way I felt like the question wasnt so terrifying to handle when I was able to break it down into one code versus another, instead of looking at 16 codes and letting that get to me. I hope this helps! Best of luck!

Shocked!!!

Hello All,

I took the CPB exam on 10/6/18. I received a score of 69%. I don't understand why they can't round up to 70% when it is so close to passing. I studied so hard for this exam. I ran out of time in the end and had to fill in the blanks. If I would have gotten 2 more questions right I would have passed. I already paid in the bundle for the extra exam but I don't understand why I would need to sit down for a second exam:(

Exam scores

Hello All,

I took the CPB exam on 10/6/18. I received a score of 69%. I don't understand why they can't round up to 70% when it is so close to passing. I studied so hard for this exam. I ran out of time in the end and had to fill in the blanks. If I would have gotten 2 more questions right I would have passed. I already paid in the bundle for the extra exam but I don't understand why I would need to sit down for a second exam:(

I don't know why you think they should round a score up to make you pass when you didn't pass. 29% or 69% are not passing scores.

Running out of time is a common problem and indicates poor time management. Many don't pass for this very reason.

Anyway, you should pass next time but don't just concentrate on the your weaker areas for study, revisit every area.

Good luck.