Wiki ct quided percutaneous drainage

lmbroomall

Best answers
of seroma.

bilateral lower quads were prepped/draped. 18 gaugh hawkins needls was inserted into the fluid collection within the RT lower quad w/ct quidance. placement confirmed by syringe aspiration of serosanguineous material which was sent for gram stain. a coons wire was inserted into the fluid collectiona nd the needle was exchanged for fascial dilators. the tract was dilated with 7 and 8 french fascial dilators. next and 8 french APDL pigtail catheter was placed over wire into the fluid collection. this was repeated for the LF lower quad. placement was confirmed by CT, catheters were secured to the skin using 2-0 silk, dressed, and connected to drainage bags.

I need any help with the cpt codes. :confused:

of seroma.

bilateral lower quads were prepped/draped. 18 gaugh hawkins needls was inserted into the fluid collection within the RT lower quad w/ct quidance. placement confirmed by syringe aspiration of serosanguineous material which was sent for gram stain. a coons wire was inserted into the fluid collectiona nd the needle was exchanged for fascial dilators. the tract was dilated with 7 and 8 french fascial dilators. next and 8 french APDL pigtail catheter was placed over wire into the fluid collection. this was repeated for the LF lower quad. placement was confirmed by CT, catheters were secured to the skin using 2-0 silk, dressed, and connected to drainage bags.

I need any help with the cpt codes. :confused:

I would like to know if the dilated track means a tunnel? I don't think it does so I would code this 49061/75989 x2 (use modifiers 50 or 76 per carrier preference). If the provider says this was not "retroperitoneal" you should take a look at codes 49021 or 49041 instead.

HTH :)